Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Khuri '47 -- Is it you, Pauline?

In a perfect Web 2.0 world, I'd already know. But the watercolor is pre-Internet, a recent estate sale find.



So instead, I'm Gretel gathering Google crumbs, churning them into cyber leaps, emails to strangers, long time colleagues of Pauline Khuri-Majoli, Art Professor Emeritus of Loyola Marymount University, retired since the eighties. My best guess at Khuri's identity.

Emails that boil down to this: Please help. I mean no harm. I'm just looking for color, the story behind the painting, its artist.

I hit SEND, a virtual serve, and wonder: Will someone play?

2 comments:

Laura said...

LMU building maybe?

delaney said...

if you want to know about Pauline Khuri Majoli, email me at Theresadelaney@gmail.com
I have stories. Incredible woman.
I took every one of her classes. i loved her greatly. Miss her awful